Welcome to our website. We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This privacy statement outlines how we collect, use, disclose, and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR's legal basis.
A. General Information
1. Data Controller
This privacy statement applies to
Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH
Phone: +49 (228) 3894-0
Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "IZA") are the data controller responsible for collecting, using, disclosing, and processing your personal data on this website.
For all questions regarding data processing at IZA and the exercise of your rights, you can also contact our data protection officer free of charge. Our data protection officer can be reached at the following address:
2B Advice GmbH
Tel: +49 (228) 926165 120
2. Scope and Legal Basis of data processing
We process personal data collected during visits to our websites in accordance with applicable data protection laws, only to the extent necessary to ensure the functioning of our website, content, and services.
Under the GDPR, there are several legal bases for processing personal data, including:
- You have given us your consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person (Art. 6(1)(d) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
We typically obtain and use visitors' personal data after receiving their consent, except in cases where data processing is legally permitted. If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the original purpose for which it was collected, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
3. Data Deletion and Storage duration
The affected individual's personal data are deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage ceases to apply. Storage can also occur if provided for by European or national legislators in EU regulations, acts or other legislation to which IZA is subject. A blocking or deletion of data then occurs only if a storage period prescribed by one of the above-mentioned norms expires.
B. Provision of the website
1. Types of Personal Data Collected
我们可能会收集以下类型s of personal data on this website:
- IP address, device identifier, and other similar technical information when you visit our website;
- Date and time of your access to the website
- Address of the page visited.
2. How We Use Personal Data
We record and store data in log files for the purpose of ensuring the functionality of our website, optimizing it, eliminating malfunctions, and ensuring the security of our IT system. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected. If data is collected for the provision of the website, it is deleted when the visit is completed, and if it is stored in log files, it is deleted within several days at the latest. Users cannot revoke this data recording, as it is essential for the operation of the website.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to the following organizations:
- Our affiliates and representatives;
- Our service providers and suppliers, such as those who host and maintain our website.
When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to protect the safety and security of our users or this organization.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data, and we only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact our DPO.
C. Utilization of cookies
We use following necessary cookies on our website to activate the core functionality of the website. An opt-out from these technologies is not available.
- cb-enable: used to store the user's cookie consent status for the current domain
- laravel_session: is a session cookie that stores a unique identifier for the user's session
- XSRF-TOKEN: is a cookie that helps protect against cross-site request forgery attacks.
The legal basis for using these cookies is set out in Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, as their utilization is necessary for our legitimate interests in ensuring the proper functioning and improvement of our website. You have the option to disable cookies by changing the settings in the cookie banner or on your browser. However, please note that some features of our website may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
D. Web analysis
This website uses the service "Google Analytics" provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) to analyze website usage by users. The service utilizes "cookies" - text files that are stored on your device. The information collected through cookies is typically sent to and stored on a Google server in the United States.
IP anonymization is enabled on this website. The IP address of users is shortened within the member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area. This truncation removes the personal reference of your IP address. As part of the data processing agreement between the website operators and Google Inc., Google generates an evaluation of website usage and activity using the collected information and provides services related to internet usage.
You have the option to prevent the storage of cookies on your device by adjusting the settings in your browser. However, please note that if your browser does not allow cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions of this website without restrictions.
Furthermore, you can use a browser plugin to prevent the information collected by cookies, including your IP address, from being sent to and utilized by Google Inc. The following link will direct you to the appropriate plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
For further information on data usage by Google Inc., please refer to the following link:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
Our website offers a free newsletter subscription, which requires users to provide their email address, first name, and last name via a data entry form. During the registration process, we obtain the user's consent and provide information about the specific processing of their data, as well as reference to our data protection statement. The collected data is used solely for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis for data processing is the user's consent according to Article 6 (1) lit. a GDPR. Once the data is no longer required for its intended purpose, it will be deleted. For as long as the newsletter subscription is active, the user's email address will be stored. Users can unsubscribe at any time using the "manage subscriptions" link at the bottom of each newsletter.
F. Data Subject Rights
You have the right to exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation whether your personal data is being processed and to access the personal data and related information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request the correction or completion of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for or if you withdraw your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of your personal data.
- 正确的数据可移植性:你有权receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when the processing is based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about them, please contact our DPO at the contact information provided in section 1. We will respond to your request within the timeframes required by law and will take appropriate measures to ensure your rights are respected.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, particularly in the Member State in which you are ordinarily resident, your place of work or the place where the alleged infringement took place, if you consider that processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Postfach 20 04 44
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged will inform you of its progress and the outcome of your complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 of the GDPR.
(Valid from: 2023–04–27)